22-30. Recently, one of my old high school friends has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. They are not sure how good/bad it is, what her future will be and all that. They have scheduled surgery in the next few weeks. She has young children, and her youngest has heart health problems, and has had a very complicated medical life in four short years. She has older children, ready to embark upon their middle school and high school years. She has a husband who loves her. She has brothers and sisters who love her. She has so much to miss if the tumor changes who she is or becomes terminal.
When I think about things I'm grateful for, my list just kinda halts when I think about my friend. It reminds me of Lindsay, and when she was in the NICU for so many weeks. AND just how precious this gift of life is. What a great gift, what great experiences for learning, growth, enjoyment. Things to see, hear, do smell, taste, touch. People to love, hate, treasure, miss, long for. Knowledge to gain and to lose. It's amazing. I'm just grateful to have this gift of life and health. To have my husband and my children. And even to have the gift of Taylor, though she is not here now. She helps me appreciate, to reflect, and to still live a life full of wonder. For that, I am grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment