Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Days 17 - 21

17. I'm so relieved my kids like vegetables.  You don't even know!  Last night I made baked fish, steamed carrots and broccoli and oven roasted potatoes.  My kids ate it all up.  I was amazed and so happy we didn't have a dinner fight over food.  Lindsay of course kept saying, "I don't like fish." This right as she shoved it into her mouth.  That girl!

18. I'm so happy to have friends who have the energy to do stuff!  This is because I don't!  At least I don't have energy to put it all together, so it's nice to have friends who have the energy to organize an event and I just get to bring a dish and show up!  :)  Super yay!

19. Texas winters rock!  I hate snow, shoveling snow, scraping snow off windshields, warming up the car, etc.  Here in Texas, I don't worry about any of those things.  I usually don't even worry about having a coat or a jacket, and I have to remind myself that the girls cannot wear flip flops to church in February.  I just love the warm weather!

20. I love colored string lights.  This year we are stringing lights around our house for all the holidays.  Christmas, New Years, Halloween, Thanksgiving.  It just makes the house feel festive and different and peaceful.  I love them!

21. I appreciate the gift of sight.  I've had dreams since I was a kid that one day I would go blind.  That hasn't happened yet, but I do have terrible eye sight.  I'm not even eligible for corrective laser surgery!  My last visit my doctor told me I have focusing issues of a 40-something.  :/  So, in case that dream comes true (not in a good way!) I'm going to appreciate seeing my cute kids, sunrises, blue skies, my love's eyes, and all those other glorious things we see every day and don't even realize are so lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment