Friday, May 11, 2012

Quotable Quotes

I apologize to people who are also my friend on Facebook because these quotes are duplicates, but I want want to able to record them on my blog as well.  I'm dying to find some time to post about Easter and our latest life challenges, but time is my constant companion and my constant opposition.  Here are some great things the girls have been telling me lately:

1. Laney and I were discussing her visiting my parents for the summer on the way to church. She usually spends several weeks with them (most of the summer) as this is the only time she sees them during the year. I asked her when she wanted to come home if she went out in June. She told me December or January. I pointed out she would miss the beginning of school, and Lindsay's and Arlin's birthdays, and that we would miss her at Christmas. She looked at me and said, "Aww. That's sad. [pause] But I could write them a letter!"  -- She sure loves her summer time with Grandma and Grandpa!

2. Said by Lindsay while I was checking on her and found her in Laney's bed:
Lindsay: Drink!
Me: {ignore}
Lindsay: Drink Mommom!
Me: {ignore}
Lindsay: MOMMOM! DRINK!
Me: No, you can't have a drink. I don't want you to pee in the bed.
Lindsay: No pee in Lindsay's bed. Pee Laney's bed.

3. Laney: What flavor is the orange popsicle?
Angela: Orange
Laney: Well, then what flavor is the grape?
Angela: Uh....


4. While in bed with Lindsay, settling her down for her nap, she tries to distract me from making her take a nap by saying:

Lindsay: This is a picture mommom
Me: This is a tv
Lindsay: TV not work (it's not hooked up)
... Me: No, it doesn't work
Lindsay: Batteries dead

Lol I didn't realize she associated things not working to dead batteries, no matter the object. hahah Point to Lindsay though, I did get distracted.



I love my girls and I love they great ways they look at life.  This is by no means a full recount of all the funny things they say.  I just have a pitiful brain that cannot remember everything we laugh about.  I'm so happy to have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment