I have to admit that turning 30 was no big deal for me. Turning 29 on the other hand was incredibly DEPRESSING. Mostly because I knew that it was my last year, my last 365 days of being in my 20's, and it was awful to be part of a group, that had previously seemed so old. Now, I think 30 is really pretty young, but that's because I'm closer to 40 than 30. *Sigh* I can't believe it either. I know I'm a strange one, anticipating the awfulness a full year before it happens, but that's me. I like to prepare and be ahead of the game. Good news is, my 30th was no big deal. No tears, no fuss, no drama. Yay me???
Now I'm starting way early on dreading my 40's. Yesterday my older sister (who is barely older than me) turned 38. In my mind this rounds on up to 40, and since I don't think she's that much older than me, I feel like I'm about to be 40. EEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!!! I'm not ready! I haven't started enjoying my 30's yet! I'm still just surviving life and making it through the day, I can't believe it's almost here! Give me more time! Stop right there Father Time, just stop right there!
Of course I'm only about to be 36 this year, so I've still have lots of years ahead of me before 40. BUT it feels like I'm about to fall off a cliff here and since we know how I like to prepare, I'm starting the game. And yes, even I realize, I'm crazy psycho about this event 4 years from now. It's hard on a woman you know? Especially since her husband is only 31, and is still hasn't a clue what the 30's are still about... **sigh, just sigh**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment