Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Days of Thanksgiving - Day 30

It is amazing to me to be on Day 30 of my Days of Thanksgiving, and still to have so many choices left of things for which to be grateful.  I feel like I should announce some really super special, most meaningful things, but as with the rest of my days, I really do notice and appreciate the little things in my life.  I really do.  Here, on my last day, I am utterly super duper grateful for my .... home appliances.  There I said it.  Not an awe inspiring announcement, but when I think about the Pioneers or the days or long ago, I would really hate, hate, HATE being a house wife way back then.  Way back to when you boiled your laundry and scrubbed it by hand in a tub or the river, when you had to collect firewood to cook, when there was no running water in the house so you had to haul it in to clean the floor.  I'm grateful for these time saving devices that basically do the work for me.  I mean laundry...I just sort, add soap, switch to the dryer and fold.  I don't really even wash the clothes! 



I mean, really, all day like this????


This is so much better don't you think?!

Cooking does not involve me checking a fire to regulate the heat.  I put food in, set the timer and walk away.  And don't even get me started on the wonders of the microwave for reheating!  We didn't have one for about a year and we had to reheat on the stove or in the oven.  Leftovers in 30 seconds as compared to 20 minutes?!  Super cool.  Way appreciateded!  Yay modern conveniences!

No comments:

Post a Comment