I was trying to fill out my days of gratitude earlier this year, but as you can see, I ran out of time to post every day. I've seen a lot of my friends posting items of gratitude every day this month, and I was inspired to try again. This time I'm going to be a little more realistic and just post the last 21 days all at once. So here we go, my list of gratitudes from November 1 - 21:
1. My children - They make me hope for a better future, and make me work for a better today
2. My spouse - He is loving and sweet and always concerned for my comfort
3. My home - It's not much, but it is something that is ours and it keeps us safe and warm and holds our dreams while we sleep
4. Reliable vehicles - We've worked hard to be good to our cars, and our cars have been pretty good to us
5. Clean food - I don't have to feed my children rotten food, or food with maggots, or anything not safe for them
6. Safety - We are not in a war here on US soil, and I am grateful to be safe in my neighborhood and my city
7. My Job - It pays the bills and I've worked much tougher positions with more hours and less pay. I'm truly grateful to be able to help feed my family and provide for our security
8. The ability to read - SOOOO many people in the world cannot read, or in years gone past, could not read. It was not a right for them, and there were not free schools where they could learn this tool to open the world to them. I'm grateful to know how to read, and to be able to use this skill to be safe, secure and provide for my family. Knowledge is power.
9. The Church - I mean this different than the gospel. I'm grateful for the structure of the church that taught me that being a woman was divine and beautiful, and a gift from heaven. I'm grateful that I've been told over and over that I'm precious and Child of GOD, and deserve the best in life. This gives me tremendous self confidence.
10. The gospel - Lately, I've been so bad with having good habits. I feel like a horrible example to my children when it comes to worship. But I do know the gospel is true, and living it's principles brings peace.
11. Opportunities to serve - We get a lot of those at my house. Most of them have been horrible uncomfortable, and stretch our souls and spirits. I'm grateful to put my beliefs in action though, and to give a little comfort to my fellow man, much as my Savior has given to me.
12. A cell phone - Thank you for modern technology! It's amazing, and makes me feel safe even when I'm out on my own or on the roads. I know help is a short phone call away!
13. Animals - having no pets at home right now makes me really miss having them around. I truly bask in the unconditional love of pets, be it horses, dogs, cats, or anything furry (other than spiders!)
14. Clothes - Oh! The variety and wonder of clothing! To be able to develop an individual style and speak of who you are without words is uh-mazing!
15. Books/Libraries - I have no idea what it would be like without a libraryful of books to borrow, and a secret world to indulge in when you want to get away and imagine other realities
16. Ice cream - Next to cereal, one of my favorite comfort foods. YUM!
17. New appliances - When our renters moved out of our home, they left behind a completely destroyed home. Thus, with the exception of my stove vent, all the appliances in my home are brand new. I'm grateful they run as we need them to and provide us with, cooked food, cold food, clean sinks, clean clothes, hot water, and warm air. Here, here for you appliances!!!
18. Clean water - as we were reminded by out Texas drought this summer, you can forget how precious water can be
19. A hurricane free summer - I was not as prepared as I needed to be in case of emergency. I'm grateful to have several months of down time to gear up and be ready for the next hurricane season
20. A college education - When high school was close to ending, I had no real desire to go to college. I went because that's what the others were doing. I went to BYU because my sister went there and my dad told me I would probably really like it. I'm grateful I chose each year to go back for another year until I was inspired that a college degree was a great life tool. I would be nothing without the degree that has given me the ability to provide for myself before I was married, and to help provide for my family now that they have joined me. It has been such a blessing, and has taught me how to think globally and critically.
21. Friends - I have a lot of friends, but a few really great FRIENDS. They have been there for me in the tough times, and helped me celebrate in the good times. Their ear is mine when I need it, and my heart is theirs forever. Friends are the families we were not born in. I'm humbled to have wonderful and true friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment