Monday, September 19, 2011

Gratitude Part III

I can't seem to blog three days in a room, but I'm still trying to be grateful for my blessings.  This weekend it was super hard and I had a minor MAJOR pity party Sunday night.  I am fighting off another sinus/head cold received from the smallest creature in the house (that apparently doesn't keep her down) but knocks me out.  In attempt to offset my pity party and continue with my gratitude, here's a continuation of my list:

1. Cold medicine.  Yay for cold medicine or headache medicine or just antibiotics.  Can you imagine the time with the doctor was 20 miles away and even then he didn't know much and might not have anything to help you?
2. Eight year olds with a heart of gold.  When she thought I wasn't look Laney, snuck back downstairs after bed time last night and put a note on my pillow.  It read, "To: Mommy, From: ??"  Inside: Dear Mommy, I hope you feel better.  Love, Laney"  I think she forgot she was trying to leave a secret note.  :)
3. Guacamole.  I made some this weekend from scratch, and it was AWESOME! Amen.
4. Two year olds who are willing to mimic anything you say or do.  Lately, Lindsay is raising her arms in the air and saying, "Whoop, Whoop", flinging her hair over her shoulder, sitting on the potty!!!!! (no activity other than that, but she is asking to sit there), and a myriad of other things she sees/hears the other kids say and do.
5. An in house baby sitter.  I know staying with us helps my friend and her family a lot.  But I really love, love, love, not having to wake up extra early to get two kids ready and drop them off somewhere before I leave for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment