Monday, February 21, 2011

Positive Reinforcement

So we had some really great things to be excited about that happened this last week:

1. Finished the taxes.  Just excited they are done, even though an accountant is doing them, it still took me weeks of prep time and research.  I had to coordinate taxes for the business and us personally.  That big job is behind me.  Yay me!
2. Spring weather.  It is fabulous.  F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S.  I wore a t-shirt and jeans yesterday and didn't even think about being cold.  Heat is off and windows are open.  Ah!  This is the life!!
3. I save $50 using my coupons and grocery store card (not to mention gained $6 in coupons to use during my next shopping trip).  My highest savings to date has been $80 on a trip, but I'm still learning this coupon-ing thing.  It's kinda crazy and I don't think I'll be obsessive about it, but who wants to walk away from free money?!  And I'm that girl that always used to look at coupons and walk away, or talk myself into cutting them out and taking them with me only to forget to give them to the clerk.
4. I caught up on all the laundry.  Washed, dried, folded, put away.  (Yes, I am amazing!)  Of course today there is another basket full already.
5. We joined the gym.  I'm 3/4 of the way to being in shape.  Not really, but I've created the opportunity for myself.  Running in my neighborhood was NOT an option, especially not in the dark like it would have to be for me.  Now, I can swim or bike or treadmill to my heart's content.

AND BEST OF ALL ..

6. Laney brought home her progress report and after 1/2 year of struggling with very low grades, extra work at home with mom, extra help in class with teacher and volunteers ... she made honor roll!  YAY LANEY!  She had never even received a C before so this last year has been devastating.

Things are headed in the right direction here in TX.  Thanks for letting me brag a little ...

1 comment:

  1. So happy that things are looking up and everyone is doing well. Yeah for Laney! and Yeah for Laundry! (even if it is a never-ending cycle -- it feels good to have is out of the way for a day or two :o)
    Yeah for taxes being done and here's hoping you get a fabulous refund!
    I am completely jealous of your spring weather (although we had a spring-spell for a couple of days last week) but we'll be there soon enough.
    Miss you guys and your AWESOME parties! Take care!
    Hilarie and the gang

    ReplyDelete