Do you have any New Year's Resolutions? Are you one of the millions of humanoids that makes resolutions and keeps them? OR are you one of the millions of humanoids that makes resolutions and doesn't keep them? Better yet, are you someone who doesn't bother to make resolutions because you make changes throughout the year as you see the need for them? Are you constantly striving to make your life a better thing for yourself, your family, your community? I wish I could say I belonged to any one of the above groups. I could be the successful person who made first of the year commitments and kept them, or the successful person who makes changes without needing a big annual day of promises, or even the person who means well, but never quite gets there. I'm not.
I am one of the millions of humoids that sometimes makes resolutions, sometimes doesn't, sometimes keeps them, sometimes doesn't, and sometimes can't commit to them and makes little changes along the way. I really can't tell you what is best or even works the best for me. Hey, I'm just a blob of organic matter, I constantly grow and change, sometimes without my own consent. This year, I haven't really written down and resolutions, and I can't bring myself to commit to them right now, but on the off chance I were going to make any resolutions for 2011, they might be the following:
1. I vow to judge people less, and forgive people more. This entire anger and resentment thing eats me alive, and it never affects the people I'm mad at or resent. They happily go on in their oblivious little world still being a burden, still being stupid. And I'm the suffering one. From now on, I pity people and dismiss them from memory.
2. I vow to be patient with my children more, and find a better way to teach them right from wrong. I want to work less on the punishment system (unless necessitated of course) and work more on the positive encouragement, look at you and your awesomeness system. It's getting to be a little tricky with a pre-preteen, but I will find a way.
3. I vow to start being healthy again. Methods subject to change of course. Either working out more, sleeping more, reading scriptures more, going to the temple more, eating better, anything, so long as it's an improvement.
4. I vow to not settle for less than I deserve.
5. I vow to pay it forward. I will let people in front of me in traffic or at the bank, I will donate my time, I will give back to people who give to me.
6. I vow to cut myself some slack.
So what are your resolutions? Did you make any? Do you care? Whatever your answer, GOOD LUCK! and Happy New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment