Monday, January 3, 2011

Laney's Getting Glasses

So my little girl is getting some glasses.  Well, this explains some of the problems she has been having at school, but I'm really surprised her eye sight has deterioated this far this fast.  Arlin was the lucky man to take her and Lindsay to the eye doctor last week.  Here is my report on how the visit went:

1. They got lost, the doctor's office was not clearly marked
2. All the while the baby was screaming in her car seat, complaining about being in the car
3. They found the right joint, went in, and began to WAIT
4. Wait, wait, wait
5. Finally go back to see the doctor to find out she needs glasses (no surprise there, but wait! there's more!!)
6. They take the whole group 2 kids, one frustrated dad, to the area to pick out glasses
7. Laney proceeds to pick up, try on, and put down multiple pairs of glasses.  In his mind Arlin is steering her to the set covered by our insurance so we don't have to pay any more than we have to
8. After "trying on" multiple pairs, what do you know?!, but she loves the pink Dinsey glasses.  And how do we know this?  Because she puts them on, flings her long hair over her shoulder and pronounces, "I look FABULOUS".

YES, she did.  Who taught her that?  I blame Arlin.  But it's too funny.  The sales lady of course tried to upsell here to every single more expensive pair, but she stuck with her fabulous pair she originally picked out.  Good girl, make mama proud!  Arlin continued to hold a squirmy baby, fend off additional upsells, and sign paperwork.  Then they met me after work at a local Wendy's for a quick bite to eat.  So of course I teased Laney about how expensive she was, getting her shiny new glasses and all.  She blushed and said, "What?!  I can't help I look good in them."  Oh me, oh my.  Preteen already?

No comments:

Post a Comment