My life has it struggles. It has good times, bad times, extra money for fun times, and just enough to cover the basic times. I have moving times, living with others times, and staying pretty boring times. But I have to say my life is
pretty blessed.
Very blessed. I know some people who are struggling with things like this:
 |
| No home to live in that is clean and safe for their children |
 |
| They have considered doing something like this because they cannot find a job |
 |
| This is a constant source of income for whatever they can find around the house they do not need |
Really. Right here in the US, where you would think we are grown and moved on. There are still parts of our cities and towns that are not beautiful, and do not contain beautiful people or circumstances. Sometimes we all need a little reminder of how much worse it can be. I need to remember my power is not turned off, my water does not cause cancer, my children are not ill, my husband is faithful to me and our family, my house is not unsafe, my job is not on any kind of strip, I do not compromise my beliefs on a daily basis to be able to feed my family. My country is not in a civil war, my house is not flooded or burned to the ground, or in a pile or rubble from an earthquake. We are not starving, bleeding, or working in a factory in a third world country. I could go on and on here. I really could. All in all, I'd say it's pretty much fabulous to be me. Because I've experienced worse than now at times (nothing close to the above pictures), and I know plenty of people who have experienced horrors or are living in horrors currently (tragedies I cannot even fathom because I've never come that close).
I am humbled, and grateful the Lord is taking such good care of my family and even allowed me to have extras that bring me joy. It's amazing isn't it? How much we really have that we forget about and just take for granted?
No comments:
Post a Comment