Laney said to me yesterday, "Mom, I have know what traits I have of yours."
Me: "What traits, baby?"
Laney: "I have your blond hair, your eyes, your feet, your sweaty feet and your sweaty hands. Because my feet do sweat sometimes."
Me: "Ah."
So later during the day, I ask Laney to recount my traits to Arlin. She goes through the same list, and I crack up and say, "Notice, she has my hair, my eyes and my sweaty feet." hahahah AND then I hear, "And don't forget the sweaty hands. I have your sweaty hands too."
I know only my family will understand this, but in a brief attempt to explain, I am physically unable to sweat. My body literally does not sweat except on my palms and the bottoms of my feet. As you can imagine, if it's hot, my feet and hands can be very sweaty. It cracks me up this is the thing Laney notices the most about herself (along with eyes and hair) right as she is entering pre-teenhood. And just for the record, she doesn't have sweaty hands or feet. Trust me, this one I know. She's too funny!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment