You know when you meet a new couple, and sometimes the pieces of the individuals don't seem to be the piece you would have put together in the couple? Yet, somehow, the couple works really well together, and compliments each other and just is? You ever wonder what someone sees in their other half? Ever been asked what you see in your partner? Ever just think to yourself, these are the things I love about my spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend? I have. Probably to most of those. I think about Arlin all the time. I think about why I love him, why he works for me, what I see in him, what he does for my family, how he loves me, why we work, and yes, even why he drives me crazy sometimes.
Seeing as it's almost Valentine's Day (a holiday I abhor, and we skip at my house), I thought I would put in writing the things I love most about Arlin. The things that no one gets to see but me, the things that make him wonderful, and make me grateful that he's mine. So, here we go, Ahem:
Things I Love About Arlin
1. He's funny - he seriously makes me laugh all the time, and I need a sense of humor to lighten myself up. He can even make me laugh when I want to wring his little neck. That's some talent!
2. He's kind to no end - He is always thinking of others. He likes to drop notes to old friends, send people who are sick flowers, give change to the needy, give rides to the helpless, you get the idea. He doesn't think about how it will take away from himself to help others, he just sees a need and helps.
3. He's a great dad - He is willing to watch the girls whenever I need him. He stays home with them when he is not at work, and can do it day after day. He makes up games to play with them, and crawls around on the floor. He is quick to say I love you to the girls, and quick to make sure they treat mom respectfully too.
4. He's laid back - I can be OCD when I want to. AND even when I don't want to be. He's always there encouraging me to lighten up and don't sweat the stuff that doesn't matter. He lets me have my way when he knows to me it matters and when my OCD monster can't settle down.
5. He tells me I'm beautiful - All the time. He tells me he loves me, and that I'm his number one. It's been 10 years in a few months, since we have been married, and he still makes me feel like I'm the best girl he's ever met.
6. He's willing to admit it when he is wrong - He changes when he's wrong, and he fesses up to mistakes. That takes quite a man.
7. He speaks my language - We think on the same wavelength about a lot of things, and it's comforting to know I'm not the only one who thinks 3/4 of the world is insane!
8. He forgets my mistakes - As far as I can tell he doesn't hold a grudge. He's way better than me in that department! I need to emulate him a little more there.
9. He has an intense sense of loyalty - Even to those who don't deserve it. But I have to admire him for always doing what he thinks is right, no matter the actions of those other fools who do not deserve him.
10. He has a pure heart - He might disagree with me on this one, but I think he has a pure heart. He tries to live according to his actions and not as a hypocrite, who likes things in theory and doesn't follow rules themselves. If he doesn't live it, he doesn't preach it to others.
Now, these are not my top 10, but theses are 10 of my hundreds of reasons that I think Arlin is the cat's meow. I'm super grateful to have him in my life, and even more super grateful he puts up with me in my moods and hormones. He's the best, and I apologize to the other ladies out there who cannot have him. Sorry ladies! I just love him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment