I keep thinking about things I need to do to make myself better, my family better, our lives better. I think there are several things I just to need to move on past and memories I need to let go. People I need to forgive and put away from my mind because they are stopping me from being the person I want to be. It's hard to determine when the things in life that happen to us are trials, consequences, or results of disobedience? And yes, I've prayed to know, but I guess sometimes it doesn't matter, I still need to deal and develop. President James E. Faust said,
"All of us suffer some injuries from experiences that seem to have no rhyme or reason. We cannot understand or explain them. We may never know why some things happen in this life. The reason for some of our suffering is known only to the Lord. But because it happens, it must be endured. President Howard W. Hunter said that “God knows what we do not know and sees what we do not see.”
President Brigham Young offered this profound insight that at least some of our suffering has a purpose when he said: “Every calamity that can come upon mortal beings will be suffered to come upon the few, to prepare them to enjoy the presence of the Lord. … Every trial and experience you have passed through is necessary for your salvation.”"
Read his entire talk here. I'm grateful for trial, grateful for consequences (they prove there is justice and that there is a purpose here), and even for punishment (it gets me back to where I need to be). I just wish sometimes it was easier to tell apart one from the other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment