Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summer Fun

Some how I've managed to type a really clever and charming post and then delete it once my pictures were uploaded. I'm no longer feeling so clever and charming so here's a brief recapped of my former post:

This summer we've tried to be more adventurous and leave the house, the yard and the neighborhood. Having worked almost Laney's entire life, I never realized what an effort it takes to get out there and do things. At least for me, it takes a lot of effort to get out there do things. We've definitely spent time inside doing projects, outside playing with the dog and the neighbors (we LOVE our neighbors!) and chilling out in the house. This year though, we've travelled a little, watched free movies at the local theater, attended library project days, met friends, gone to local parks, etc., etc. I think Laney's really enjoyed herself; I know I've been relieved to not have to stare at the same four walls every day. Check out our pics to see the kind of fun we've been having:


At the local water park



With church friends



In the nature center pretending to be a bug


Harvesting our garden at the nature center


Having the best summer ever!

2 comments:

  1. i totally agree---it's hard getting out of the house, but for me, i can't do it any other way. i struggle entertaining rhett in the house all day. you'll have to tell me what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the nature center? And is that Jetta Mills I spotted in one of the pics. She and Jackson are good friends. Looks like a fun summer--sorry we haven't been able to connect yet. Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete