Thursday, August 20, 2009

Deep Thoughts for a little kid

So I have to tell you about some of Laney's deep thoughts. I mean, this kid must really have a brain that churns, churns, churns. The other day she asked me about what Heavenly Father and Jesus created. I tried to explain to her how they made the heaven and the earth, water, animals, the sun and moon, all the nature stuff.

Well, I thought she had it, but a day or two later she went on a stint about how Jesus makes cars and houses and the kind of car and house she would like to "order" (for lack of a better word) for our family. I didn't even get started on explaining to her about putting in life "orders" :) Instead, scrambling at this point, I back peddle and explain how Jesus also made man/people. And how we all have intelligence and brains and we use our brains to be like Jesus and try to make things in our world. A kinda of practice I guess you could say...

So again, I think she's got it. A couple of more days go by, and then, today, she says, maybe Jesus will make a little rain today since it's so hot. NOW, how am I going to explain that while He did make water and earth and everything else, He also lets the laws of nature run their course?! This girl just out thinks me, I kid you not. Between her and the dog, I just can't keep up. :)

1 comment: