Did you know that the creator of the Brady Bunch died not too long ago? Well he did. Not only did he create the show, he wrote the jingle. AND he created Gilligan's Island and wrote the jingle to it too! Okay, so you are probably not as impressed as I am, well, I'm not that really impressed though he did create decades of television and rerun history. What I am impressed with is a statement I heard about him on NPR last week. He wrote a letter to be read posthumously. In this letter he said may beautiful things that I hope I am clever enough to say before I go. Among my favorite things he wrote:
"Am I going to Heaven or not?"
"That's what I was going to ask when I got here," I say. Then I suddenly realized something when we talked. Heaven is where I've been since the day I was born."
I've been thinking about those words of his. Heaven is where I've been since the day I was born. He didn't say only during the good times, but I think he meant to include the bad times. Heaven is every day you are surrounded by the people whom love you, and every day you are surrounded by those whom allow you to love them back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment