Monday, April 18, 2011

Update on Nothing

Ha!  All the clever has left me and I have nothing for you but regular ol' boring news and titles for this here blog.  We had a pretty great weekend this weekend.  I took Friday off to take the car to the shop (sigh good-bye $250, but hello $400 we saved using a friend!) and to paint the spare room for our home on the market-ness.  I came home Thursday evening to find my father-in-law all done with the painting, and smiling brightly at the surprise for me.  I mean, I was so shocked I had nothing to say and no facial expressions of joy that I truly felt inside.  Later, Arlin told me I must not have been very surprised or happy about it because I just stood there with a blank expression.  How do you say you had steeled yourself all day for coming home and painting all night only to find there is nothing to do?  I was completely unprepared and thought perhaps I was still dreaming.  No really, I thought it was all made up and I was trying to figure out how they made the room look different without painting.  Next time I dream like that I hope I wake up to a bag of money at my feet.  Nice huh?

Well Saturday, found us at the Houston Zoo with our cousins.  We had a great time!  Fun had by all of course.  And I was determined to have fun when it cost us $32 to get in and a $35 parking ticket on the windshield when we got out!  Lindsay rolled around in her stroller like a champ!  I was so amazed she stayed in there for that many hours.  Laney was completely anti-stroller as a small kid.  I mean, I don't think she was in the thing after 3 months because she wouldn't stay in it and you were lugging the stroller around for nothing while you held her in your arms.  Lindsay was practically a dream come true when it comes to hanging out in the stroller and being distractable!  Love you girl!  Laney was over the moon to spend the time with her cousins and to check out all the animals at the zoo.  She loved playing and running and chasing and even posing for some pictures when prompted.  She didn't know where we were going until we arrived so it was a great surprise for her.  Not to mention it was Lindsay's first time.  I don't think she understood what all the fuss was about, but she seemed to have a good time.  Arlin and I had a great time too, but unfortunately my flip flop did not and out of anger it decided to break half way through the zoo.  I limped around like a fool til the end determined to enjoy the family day.  I think it was a small sacrifice for tired happy faces on the way home.

Sunday was church and hanging out.  We kept hoping to have a couple of appointments to look at the house (especially because we were supposed to be gone for most of the weekend), but no such luck.  We did have a little lookie-loo on Thursday, but our response from them was they didn't like the floorplan and they smelled smoke.  I was completely depressed by this because our renters 2 years ago did smoke in the house (against our wishes) and while I don't smell it, I didn't think others could either.  Sad face.  We were super pumped though because we had a request for the showing within a week of putting the house on the market.  This is good news peoples!  And then today, Monday, I got another call for a showing this morning.  I have yet to hear any feedback.  Crossing my fingers for a positive feedback, but either way, it's the second showing within the first eight days of the house being on the market.  I'll take it.  School is still about 5 weeks from being out, here in Texas so I think it's looking good.  We're super pumped like I said.  Can't wait to move on!!

Finally, today Arlin started his new job.  I'm not sure how excited he is, I think he's pretty excited, but I know I'm elated.  I think this will be a good field for him and really give him some more marketable skill sets for his resume.  Plus if he does well here, maybe I can retire one day.  Ah, to dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment