So this is another one of those guilty pleasures I have...I heart bed time. And by bed time, I mean not only my bed time, but the girls' bed time most especially. I think it has something to do with the following facts:
1) While the kids are in bed, I will not hear a whiny version of "Mooommmmmmmy..."
2) I will not have to say "Eat your dinner" for the 45th time straight, only to have Arlin get a little crazy look because he's so tired of hearing me say "Eat your dinner", and Laney apparently has not realized I was even talking to her
3) While the kids are in bed, I will not have to worry about who put what in their mouth or any other orafice
4) I will not have to think of ways to creatively entertain anyone while I make the dinner I know they will not eat, at least without the aforementioned 45 reminders to "Eat your dinner"
5) After bedtime, I will not have to to remember to get anyone a drink, to make sure anyone finished their homework, to see if anyone has crawled into the no-touch zone near any plugs/appliances/toilets/etc.
6) And after bed time, and falling asleep of course, they just look so dang innocent and cute I can't help but go into their rooms to look at their sweet faces and little hands and feet, and kiss them a bajillion times so I can remember how they are growing up so fast
7) MOST OF ALL, after bed time, I go by the name Brandy AND I can do whatever I want!!*
*Disclaimer: If by whatever I want equals doing the dishes, folding the last of the laundry, packing lunch for school the next day, hanging up clothes I've thrown on the floor during my haste when coming home from work, paying bills, doing paperwork for the hair salon OR cuddling with Arlin and watching a tv or movie or reading while taking a hot bath before I fall asleep in the tub from exhaustion. Because while the kids go to bed at 7 and 8 pm, I'm so tired I follow them well before midnight usually. Makes me feel a little old indeed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment