So yesterday (I think it was yesterday), I asked Laney if she knew all of Lindsay's name. Meaning, did she remember Lindsay's middle name. This was a significant question because Laney is very proud of knowing all of her name and she thinks her name is beautiful and just the best thing EVER. I wanted to know how she felt about Lindsay's name, to see if it her feelings were the same.
AND then,
Laney says to me, "No". So I tell her all of Lindsay's name is Lindsay Anne K.
AND then,
Laney says to me, "Why is it Lindsay Anne K.? That doesn't make any sense. Her name should be Lindsay Elizabeth K. Like mine is Laney Elizabeth K. That would have been better. And then we could have been twins"
AND then,
I sighed. Because you know what, I wanted Lindsay's name to be Lindsay Anne K., so there would be part of Taylor's name carried on in the family. And Arlin wanted Lindsay Elizabeth because he thought that was the only thing that made any sense. But, he deferred to my decision and since I fill out the forms, or in this case was there to tell the nurse what to put on the form (after making her leave and come back an hour later so I could decide), I chose Lindsay Anne. Well, now we all can see what a bad decision that was since half the family has already told me how it doesn't make any sense at all, and we should have gone with the Lindsay Elizabeth.
Sigh. At least Lindsay's not old enough to vote, so only half the family thinks I picked the wrong name...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment