Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fitting In

It's been a long time, but we're all due for an update on life.  We have moved.  It's a local  move, but I still had to pack everything up and move all the boxes.  Our place right now is temporary so we're all camping together with our stuff packed away still.  I'm not going to say it's easy, but we've had it way worse before.

Lindsay is 8 months old now.  I can't believe it!  She's sitting and eating some food.  I think she might be one to skip the crawling stage and go straight to walking.  We'll see.  She always wants to be on her feet and never laying down.  She babbles like crazy and she's never met a person who she didn't convert to a Lindsay fan.  She smile and giggles and grins and sparkles her eyes at absolutely everyone.  I love it.  There's nothing like a baby's laugh, giggle or smile to put all things awful into perspective.  I've got some new pics so I'll be sure to post them soon so you all can become Lindsay fans too.  :)  She is finally going to be blessed this Sunday and I can't wait!  At least we got it in before her first birthday!!

Laney's fitting in and doing well at her new school.  She got student of the month last month and while her grades did drop the first 5 or 6 weeks, they're coming back up and she's fitting in.  My only complaint is she's a 6 year old girl and thinks she is everyone's hall monitor.  It's a little annoying to be bossed around by your daughter, but she is cute so that helps.  I think she needs to wear a sign for innocent by-standers though, to warn them of the impending tongue lashing she will give them if they dare to step out of line.  ha ha Poor unsuspecting souls!

Arlin and I are hanging in and trying to roll with the punches.  It's been tricky to say the least.  It's a big ball of stress that gets thrown at us pretty routinely lately.  We've been busy looking for new employment for us, and even busier running the salon. Which is doing well, but definitely needs some fine tuning.  We are riding on highs and lows all the time, it's crazy.  Life is life I guess.  We couldn't predict or expect any of this stuff.  If so, I'm sure we'd run screaming all the time!  ha ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment